Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Quiet New Year's Eve

Here i sit with my love on my right. My eyes swollen from fresh tears. I feel exhausted and weary. I am exhausted with feeling that i cannot better myself. I purposely seclude myself from others for the fear that they may hurt me as others have done. I have always felt alone, different, and misunderstood. When i was younger, lonliness played a huge part in my life. I hardly had any friends, and i still feel that way today. As my love has informed, "You're not like any girl I have ever met," and it is true. I march to the beat of my own drum. I only stand by what i believe in. I take a risk in wanting to be an artist. My interests do not concur with other girls. I do not follow trends. I do not conform. I do not want to be like everyone else. I do not need approval to be the person I want to be. I want to be my own person.
Hope is having the strength to persist during times of hardships believing that there is no end; to believe that you will overcome; striving to see past all the negative bullshit that pulls one down. I have always wanted to believe that Hope would take me away from my despair. I have striven to give myself hope, but there has been obstructions testing my faith. The faith I have within myself has been damaged long ago, but it continues to deplete. I have torn myself down numerous times. I need to rebuild myself. I need to believe in me.
"The important thing is not that we can live on hope alone, but that life is not worth living without it."
-Harvey Milk.
Harvey Milk believed in bringing justice, truth, and establishing dignity for the gay community. Milk sustained that "All Men Were Created Equal." He is a true patriot.



Another photo from my Intro Photography class. Once again this photo was printed through the traditional Black and White Photography process.

No comments:

Post a Comment